If you are stopping by to find questions for your book club, please leave a note for me telling me where you are from!
Welcome to the December Online Book Club. We’re discussing The Waitress by Melissa Nathan!
Katie took up waitressing after college as something to do until she was sure of her dream job. The problem was that she couldn’t make up her mind and just kept on waitressing. Her aunt is going to change her will and leave her money once she finally figures out what to do with her life, but even with that, she can’t seem to make a decision. Then, the café she works for is bought out by two men – and one of them is Dan, whom she had one date with where she had an anxiety attack and left him alone at the restaurant with no explanation. She faces losing her job, but instead is made manager and has to work with Dan day after day. It proves to be the catalyst she finally needs to get her life moving somewhere.
I found The Waitress at our local library book sale and thought it looked interesting. I chose it for the December Online Book Club since it seemed like a light-hearted, fun book. It takes place in London and was similar in style to the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.
- Dan and Katie both had problems taking risks. Are you a person who takes risks or who plays it safe?
- Do you find Katie’s character believable?
- What dream do you chase like Jon with writing and Sukie with acting?
- Would knowing money would come to you make you decide your life’s work quicker?
- What is the worst date you had? Was that better or worse than Dan and Katie’s first date?
- Did you stay friends with exes like Katie did with Hugh?
- Who was your favorite character in the book?
- What was your least favorite part of the book?
- Do you think Geraldine really loved Dan or just wanted to be married?
- If there’s anything you want to discuss that isn’t mentioned, ask it here.
Thanks for stopping by for the December Online Book Club!
We are taking a break from the Online Book Club in 2019. For more information, read about it in this Online Book Club Announcement.