If you are stopping by to find questions for your book club, please leave a note for me telling me where you are from!
Welcome to the online book club for Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi.
I hope you enjoyed reading this book. I am glad I read this book – it was very well written. Each and every character came alive and I thought it was an interesting way to tell the sisters’ story through their offspring. Reading it was hard emotionally, though. It’s tough to read about the horrific parts of history. However, it is important to know what has happened in the past.
You can discuss the questions in the comments section below on the blog or join us on Facebook.
Thanks for joining us!
- What is your favorite moment from the book? Least favorite?
- Overall, did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Who was your favorite character and why?
- Who was your least favorite character and why?
- Have you ever read a book before that was set during the slave trade on the African continent?
- What is something new you learned about history reading this book?
- How much does family lineage affect our lives? Is there something or someone in your family tree that affects who you are today?
- What do you think the significance is of the title, Homegoing? (Homegoing is an African-American Christian funeral tradition marking the going home of the deceased to the Lord or to heaven.)
- What’s a question I didn’t ask that you’d like to discuss?
Thank you for reading with us and stopping by to discuss Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi!