If you are stopping by to find questions for your book club, please leave a note for me telling me where you are from!
Welcome to the online book club for Sweet Water by Christina Baker Kline. I hope you enjoyed reading this book. This book had me wondering to the very end what actually happened in this small town.
You can discuss the questions in the comments section below on the blog or join us on Facebook.
- What is your favorite moment from the book? Least favorite?
- Overall, did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Who was your favorite character and why? Your least favorite and why?
- “It was hard to believe leaving could be so easy.” What would you have done in Cassie’s shoes if you found out you inherited a house with land in “the middle of nowhere?” Do you think she was running from or toward something?
- Does anyone in the story remind you of someone in your family? How?
- Did anyone identify as the “villain” to you?
- Troy tells Cassie that it doesn’t do much good to go digging around in the past. Do you think it’s better to leave the past in the past or to face your or your family’s demons?
- Do you think Cassie will stay in Sweetwater? Why? If not, what do you see her doing?
- How might the story have been different if all the family members had been honest with each other all along? When is not being honest in a family a good thing?
- What’s a question I didn’t ask that you’d like to discuss?
(I do apologize for choosing a book with some adult scenes in it. I did not know that it had those in it.)
Thank you for reading with us and stopping by to discuss Sweet Water by Christina Baker Kline!