Welcome to the online book club for The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan. I hope you enjoyed reading this book. I really enjoyed how this story developed and flowed.
You can discuss the questions in the comments section below on the blog or join us on Facebook.
Thanks for joining us! May’s book will be Sweet Water by Christina Baker Kline with discussion on May 31. More details are on the Online Book Club page.
- What is your favorite moment from the book? Least favorite?
- Overall, did you like the book? Why or why not?
- Did you like the insertion of letters and diary accounts or did you find them distracting?
- Who was your favorite character and why? Your least favorite and why?
- Military wives understand the experience of all the men leaving for deployment. Have you experienced that? If so, how did the women come together? If not, how do you think you would deal with that kind of situation?
- Mrs. Tilling, Mrs. B, Venetia and Kitty all change a lot during the course of the book. Which do you find most believable?
- Do you think the book would have worked without the scheme of the baby-swapping?
- In a time of war, are music and the arts a waste of time or vital? Why?
- What’s a question I didn’t ask that you’d like to discuss?
Thank you for reading with us and stopping by to discuss The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir by Jennifer Ryan!
Join us in May to discuss Sweet Water by Christina Baker Kline!