If you are stopping by to find questions for your book club, please leave a note for me telling me where you are from!
Welcome to the November Online Book Club.
This month we’re discussing
The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty.
Cecilia happens upon a letter in the attic addressed to her from her husband, but to be read upon his death. She doesn’t open it right away, but wants to tell John Paul that she found it first. He tells her over the phone on his business trip that it’s nothing, but his voice and quick return tell her that something important is written in that letter. As soon as she opens and reads it, her world is forever changed by her husband’s secret.
The Husband’s Secret seemed really interesting and I’ve read What Alice Forgot by the author and knew it would be a captivating, but easy read. November is full of travel, turkey and Christmas preparations, so I knew the book for November had to be something in the interesting fiction category.
Discuss the book below or join the Facebook group.
- What did you think was in John Paul’s letter before it was revealed?
- Would you open a letter addressed to you to be opened when someone died, but they weren’t dead yet?
- Have you written a letter to be opened up when you die? Why do you think that could be important?
- Do you feel mothers are often protecting their children? In this book, John Paul’s mom protected him, Tess’ mom is giving her a haven, Rachel is searching for justice for her daughter and then Cecelia has to help Polly with her future.
- How would you react in Tess’ shoes?
- Do you think Tess should have kept her relationship with Connor a secret?
- How could you find peace not knowing who murdered your child? Do you think Rachel will turn John Paul in?
- How can John Paul and Cecelia forge a way ahead together?
- What character did you most connect with in the book?
- If there’s any question I didn’t ask that you’d like to discuss, share it here.