If you are stopping by to find questions for your book club, please leave a note for me telling me where you are from!
It’s time for the online book club for The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore. I hope you enjoyed reading this book. I found it engaging, but I also learned some more about history.
You can discuss the questions in the comments section below on the blog or join us on Facebook.
Thanks for joining us! March’s book will be A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable. More details can be found here.
- Did you know much about Edison or Westinghouse before reading this book? If not, what are your impressions of these two men? If so, have your impressions of them changed?
- This is a book of historical fiction (the author highlights what is factual in the back of the book). What is something about history you learned from the book?
- Contrast Tesla’s motivations to Edison’s and Westinghouse’s.
- Why is the search for power such a powerful drive for some people? And not for others?
- Do you like Agnes? What are your thoughts on her relationship with her mother?
- Did you like the ending? Do you wish anything had been different?
- What was your favorite quote that introduced a chapter?
- Do you think there are any similar competitions going on today?
Thank you for reading with us and stopping by to discuss The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore!
Join us in March to discuss A Paris Apartment!